Basement Finishing Services
Finished Basement Specialists - Kruse Construction. We handle EVERYTHING from start to finish. This includes basement remodel design, engineering, technical drawings, permits, inspections, etc. During your basement finishing project Justin Kruse, Kruse Construction owner, remains available to you.
Basement Remodeling for Home Equity
Your basement remodeling is an investment to increase home value. Basement remodels should compliment your home's existing architecture while expanding the usefulness. That is why we consider basement remodeling to be much more than the creation of one large room.
Your basement remodel options are endless:
How long will my basement remodel take?Every basement remodel is a custom residential construction project. Your basement remodel has a unique timeline. Through years of experience, Kruse Construction is able to provide a realistic timeline. On average, basement finishing projects last between 8 and 12 weeks. The 4 week window depends upon the complexity of your basement remodel.
What are the steps of a basement remodel?
- Phone Consultation - We will discuss your basement remodeling needs to ensure we can complete your basement remodel within your guidelines. We will answer any remodeling questions that you might have. This is a great time for you to get to know us and make sure that Kruse Construction is the right fit for your basement remodeling project.
- Site Visit / Basement Inspection - Once we have answered your initial questions and determined that Kruse Construction would be a good choice for your basement finishing, the next step is to visit your job site. We will take measurements, verify materials to be used, and talk with you in detail about the scope of work ahead. We will spend as much time as needed to ensure a reliable estimate.
- Basic Estimate - The basic estimate is a basement remodel "rough draft" provided to you based upon the information we have up to this point. We will also provide a timeline, references, and our insurance policy. This documentation helps you to make a well informed decision about finishing your basement and about Kruse Construction.
- Your Approval - Until now, all of our basement remodeling services are provided for free. We will give you plenty of time to make your decision. We will help you make the right basement remodeling choices to maximize home value. This approval step says "yes, we are serious and would like to start". Kruse Construction recommends you obtain bids from 1 or 2 other insured residential construction companies that are BBB approved. Not only should you consider costs, but there are other important factors to think about. For example, exactly what does the price include? Many companies say they can deliver a finished basement for extremely low estimates. This "low-ball" strategy can be misleading if the bidder doesn't include all materials, labor hours, permits, and other items needed for fully completing your basement remodel. Some residential remodeling companies consider
flooring (carpet, tile, wood), bathroom fixtures and other important things as "little extras". These overlooked extras can add thousands to your basement remodeling final cost. Have they given you a timeline? Your time is valuable. We respect your time and your life. Kruse Construction will give you a timeline that we are bound by contract to stick to. Are they knowledgeable? If you come to an unexpected fork in the road, will your contractor be experienced enough to lead you down the right path? Looking at their previous work and talking to their basement remodel clients will be helpful. Be sure to look at the whole picture when choosing your basement remodeling contractor.
- Detailed Bid and Drawings (if required) - If you choose to move forward, we will do a detailed basement remodeling bid at this time. Although there is no charge or obligation for the bid, construction drawings (if needed) will have a charge. Before your basement remodeling drawings begin, we will quote you a price for the written plans. All basement remodel details will be listed on this bid and the cost quote will be the final price.
- Acceptance of Bid - Once you have accepted the bid, we will schedule your basement remodeling. We will present you with a final basement remodeling timeline and the contract for your final review. The payment schedule will also be discussed. The required deposit at the start of the project is used to acquire any permits, drawings, initial supplies, etc. Due to the custom nature of finished basements, the deposit and payment schedule is determined on a job to job basis. Nothing is signed and started until you are completely comfortable and ready to go!
- Project Start - Kruse Construction will do all we can to ensure your basement remodeling is tailored to your specific needs. We are mindful of your property and your family life. Site preparation and protection of your house is important to us. We will do all we can to keep basement remodeling traffic and interruptions to a minimum by entering through back doors and egress windows when possible. Any changes in the basement remodeling will be drawn up in a change order. Whether you add an item, we do something extra, or make anything larger or smaller we will have it accepted and signed by both parties. This is to ensure that we will not be creating any surprise charges. Your trust in us and our quality of basement remodeling work is very important to us and we will do all we can to earn your trust.
To avoid surprise charges, we also provide you a written list of everything that is included in your basement remodeling estimate. At this point, we will attempt to uncover any previously overlooked aspect of the project. Ensuring bid accuracy is Kruse Construction priority.
What is the typical pricing for a finished basement?Each basement has different variables, using a generic square footage price is not always accurate. Variables may be size, remodels, older vs. newer, extras such as bathrooms and kitchens, the many different material options and the range of price, and of course the quality of the company. How much you are willing to pay or SHOULD pay, along with the reasonings behind the desire to finish your basement can have an effect on what the best direction for you may be. All over the internet you will read conflicting reports, and misleading information, which can lead to a major dissapointment down the road. If you are in the budget planning phase, please call or email us as we are always happy to help guide a homeowner, no strings attached and give you a personalized rough estimate after discussing some different variables with you.
Do you have a basement remodeling question we haven't covered?Visit our contact page and send us a note. We will respond with a detailed answer within 48 hours. Also feel free to contact us by phone (303.955.2969), even if it's only a question.
Please call us to schedule a FREE Consultation: 303.955.2969
Our service area includes the following Areas, Cities, and Counties:
Adams, Arapahoe, Arvada, Aurora, Black Forest, Bonnie Brae, Boulder, Breckenridge, Briargate, Brighton, Broomfield, Castle Pines, Castle Rock, Centennial, Cherry Creek, Cherry Hills Village, Cheyenne, Cimarron Hills, Colorado Springs, Columbine, Commerce City, Denver, Denver Country Club, Denver Tech Center, Dillon, Douglas, Edgewater, Englewood, Evergreen, Firestone, Fort Collins, Fountain, Frederick, Frank Town, Frisco, Genesee, Gleneagle, Golden, Greeley, Greenland, Greenwood Village, Glendale, Highlands Ranch, Idaho Springs, Jefferson, Ken Caryl, Knob Hill, Lakewood, Lafayette, Larkspur, Littleton, Lone Tree, Longmont, Louisville, Loveland,. Lowry, Monument, Morrison, Northglenn, Park Hill, Parker, Perry Park, Pinery, Pueblo, Polo Club, Reunion, Roxborough Park, Saddle Rock, Silverthorne, Stapleton, Stratmoor, Summit County, Superior,Tallyn's Reach, The Highlands, Wash Park, Washington Park, Wellington, Westminster, Wheat Ridge, Woodmore, Woodland Park, Windsor, Thornton, Vail, Colorado and more.